Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shane (I wonder if I really will keep this post on here?)

This is a cheesy post and I'm admitting it right now, but I have Shane on the brain and just want to write about some of the things that I appreciate about him. Marrying him is the best decision I ever made.  I admit that having honest kids recently about my physical state COULD be hard on my self-esteem, but I really do feel motivated instead of devastated and the reason is....Shane. This guy is amazing.  Keeping up with 5 kids is tough for me and I don't feel like a "hot mamma" on most days (however, hopefully that will change!). I got a phone call the other day from Shane and he told me to hurry up and turn on the radio because a song was on that reminds him of me and I HAD to hear it. This is what I heard.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk

I'm not sure how that will post so I'll put the name of the song....Just the Way You are by Bruno Mars.
He's done that before with songs and it always is so sweet to me, but this time I cried when I heard this one.  I know he means what the song says. It makes me want to be the way he sees me.  His love and his ability to see the best in everyone is just one thing I admire about him. I could go on in this post forever about his character, fun personality, the way he's an amazing dad, his faith, work ethic, etc., but I'll make myself stop. And just so you don't think I'm trying to act like we're a perfect couple, we definitely fight at times. Sometimes he pushes all my buttons and I know he gets tired of me being a control freak, but we can't go to bed angry, it's just not possible for us. We have to reconcile at least somewhat, even if that means we agree to disagree. The other day I told him in a heated discussion, "You know what!? There's not another man on this planet I'd rather fight with than you!". That had us both laughing. Let's just say that our marriage is never boring and Shane is just the perfect man to handle me and my high-strung ways! (An old boyfriend actually said before I married Shane that he was just concerned that Shane couldn't "handle" me! What the heck is that supposed to mean? LOL! Well guess what So In So, he not only "handles" me, he plays me love songs  and tells me he's grateful for the opportunity! No wonder I'm crazy about this guy!)

2 comments:

  1. You'd better keep this post on here. The song is perfect, what a sweet thing for him to do. I think your husband is a "keeper"!! I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are honestly the CUTEST couple ever!! Just LOVE you guys - I'm so glad you started a blog so I can follow along with what you guys are up to. This summer we really need to try to get the kidlets together again - I know I'm horrid at returning phone calls - so just email me :)

    ReplyDelete